Saturday, August 1, 2009

Led Zeppelin - 1969-01-11 Fillmore West

OK, first off this is supposedly the earliest known soundboard recording of Led Zeppelin. They are the supporting act for Country Joe and The Fish at The Fillmore West, San Fransisco. Taj Mahal was the opening act. To me it's kinda of a weird pairing of bands, but hell I like them all. The Country Joe portion of this concert is officially released. I have it, and really enjoy the album. Comparing the official release of Country Joe and this soundboard of Led Zeppelin. The sound is pretty damn good. It just doesn't have that extra mastering polish. Either way it's a must have for all die-hards, and everyone else. I don't consider myself to be a die-hard, and I love this recording.

Set List:

I Can't Quit You
Dazed And Confused
You Shook Me
How Many More Times
Communication Breakdown

***Led Zep 1969-01-11***

No comments: