Saturday, April 2, 2011

John Lee Hooker - Bellstar Lounge, Colden, NY 4/4/79

I've always been a big fan of John Lee Hooker. I love listening to him play with just a guitar, and no band. This soundboard recording however, is with a backing band. John Lee Hooker and the Coast To Coast Blues Band. I haven't come across any recordings that sound all that good with just him. This is a nice straight up blues. The recording sounds great. Enjoy.

Set List:

1 My Baby Left Me
2 Instrumental
3 Losin' Hand
4 Raining ?
5 One Bourbon One Scotch and One Beer
6 Serve Me Right to Suffer
7 Rock Steady
8 When My First Wife Left Me
9 Boogie Chillun




I hope to see some of you people tomorrow night at the Furthur concert in Atlanta.  Should be a rocking time. Try not to melt your brains to much. Lord knows I will be. Be safe and mindful of each other, and hopefully that will be enough to keep us all out of trouble. And try not to let the ballon man get yeah. He's sneaky, and gets me every time.
 

No comments: