Friday, July 29, 2011

Journey - 05/27/1974 Sausalito, CA


Now, before you say what the hell's going on here? Let me explain. I am not in anyway shape or form a Journey fan.  But a good friend of mine, insisted that they were an amazing prog-rock band, when they started out. So, I figured I'd give him a chance, and checkout some of their early music. This concert takes place in May, several months before they signed to Columbia records in November. How's that for early beginnings? It was recorded at The Record Plant in Sausalito, CA. The recording is believed to be a soundboard. There is a bit of tape hiss, but not distracting to the music. I've got to say I quite enjoyed the music. They really were a good band, before Steve Perry got involved. It's night and day. They have some interesting jams and real tight band. It's really to bad they didn't stick with it. Thanks Josh for putting me on to some good shit. I do recommend checking this concert out.

Set List:
1 Intro > Mystery Mountain > Tuning
2 Topaz
3 All Too Much > In My Lonely Feeling > Conversation
4 Kohoutek
5 To Play Some Music > Drum Solo > To Play Some Music
6 Of A Lifetime
7 In the Morning Day > Outtro

***Journey 05/27/1974***

No comments: