Friday, November 7, 2008

Tipsy -Buzzz


I'm so excited that these guys have finally put a new album out. Was thinking that maybe it was the end for Tipsy. Thank the psychedelic gods this is not so. It's been seven years since their last album "UH-OH"(2001), and it's tickling my ears with awesome sound. If you've never heard this band, check them out here. Their first full length is called "Trip Tease"(1997), and like all of them, it's tripped out, psychedelic, bachelor pad, exotica, space rock, instrumental, craziness. And man I love every second of it. No matter what chemical additives have been placed on your mind this music will intensify it. Not that you need anything, but a good set of ears and some time. The new album "Buzzz" is on the Ipecac Record Label. So Tipsy is sharing space with some other great artists like The Melvins and Ennio Morricone. This is Mike Patton's label. Lead singer of Faith No More, Mr Bungle and many more.

I know a few of you out there are as happy about this new release as I am. I grabbed it on Tuesday and haven't stopped yet.

This is one of my favorite songs off "Trip Tease."

No comments: