Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ray Davies - BBC Maida Vale Studios, London 4.1.2006


In celebration of Ray playing tonight at The Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. I thought I would share this intimate concert. The concert was part of BBC Radio 2's "Sold On Song." Recorded in front of a small audience, at Maida Vale Studios in London. The concert is in the vain of his Story Tellers format. He gives you some insight about most of the songs. The source is an FM Broadcast, so the sound quality is quite good. It's a nice intimate setup just Ray and Mark on acoustic/electric guitars. Not to mention the set list is great.

I hope everyone who wants to see him on this tour gets their chance. I'm super excited for tonight's show. I managed to get a bunch of music lovers together for this night, which is always a great way to start the party. Hope I see some of you there.

Set List:

1. Intro
2. Dead End Street
3. Chat
4. 20th Century Man
5. Chat
6. Village Green Preservation Society
7. Picture Book
8. Big Sky
9. Walter
10. Sunny Afternoon
11. Chat
12. I Go To Sleep
13. Chat
14. All She Wrote
15. Chat
16. Other Peoples Lives
17. Muswell Hillbilly Boy
18. Chat
19. Oklahoma USA
20. Chat
21. Getaway
22. After The Fall
23. Harry Rag
24. Outro

***Ray Davies 4/1/2006***

1 comment:

zappahead said...

ive been looking for the ray davies storyteller....for agaes to no avail....I guess thats one of the drawbacks to living in rural ireland but this seems a lot like what ive been looking for so I thank you very much and have a great holiday season.