Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ray Davies - Variety Playhouse, Atlanta GA. 12-2-08

What an amazing show. I had a great time, and hopefully everybody that I encouraged to go did as well. Ray did not disappoint with this powerful acoustic set. His request for audience participation brought a nice lite heart ed atmosphere to the night. And my drunk ass was in full swing. Just thinking about the night brings a smile to my face.

And the best part is now we can relive it over and over thanks to Thomas. He was nice enough to share this great sounding recording. Man, I can't thank him enough. He did a great job. The sound is pretty true to the night. And you get to hear all the banter between songs, which is great. Mainly, because I was having trouble focusing on that. The only minor thing with this recording is he missed the first three songs. Which is not that big deal. I'm just glad to be able to listen to this again with a bit clearer head. Not too clear mind you.

Set List.

(First three missing)
After the Fall
I'm Not Like Everybody Else
The Tourist
Dedicated Follower of Fashion
The Getaway (Lonesome Train)
Sunny Afternoon
Working Man's Cafe
Hymn for a New Age
Morphine Song
Well Respected Man
Low Budget
See My Friends
20th Century Man
Tired of Waiting for You
All Day and All of the Night
Set Me Free
You Really Got Me (w/Locksley)
Lola (w/Locksley)
Victoria (w/Locksley)

***Ray Davies Variety Playhouse 12.2.08***

No comments: