Tuesday, December 27, 2011

UGLY CASANOVA 2001-11-19


Ugly Casanova, is Isac Brock of Modest Mouse. Or is he? It would seem not. And the story behind the creation of the band, and the one album is quite a tail. To read more about this tail please click HERE.  It's worth the read, and might give more of an appreciation for this beautiful music.  This matrix recording (Audience and soundboard blend) was recorded at Blackbird Theatre, Portland Oregon.  This concert sounds phenomenal. I love this music. The lyrics and music get me right in the heart. It's just beautiful.  I've had this for years. I think people need to get reacquainted with this sound. Thank you, Ryan McDaniel, for taping this show and sharing it with us. It's a true gem.

Set List:
01 BARNACLES
02 CAT FACES
03 THINGS I DON'T REMEMBER
04 HOTCHA GIRLS
05 SHARPEN YOUR TEETH
06 SMOKE LIKE RIBBONS
07 BEE STING
08 PARASITES WILL BE EXCITED WHEN YOU'RE DEAD
09 ICE ON THE SHEETS
10 DIGGIN' HOLES





No comments: