Monday, December 6, 2010

Neil Young, Bob Dylan & The Band - 1975-03-23 SNACK Benifit.

This an interesting concert. I mean Neil Young, Bob Dylan and The Band has got to be interesting. They got together for The San Fransisco SNACK Benefit Concert at Kezar Stadium. Here is the info I got with the recording.

"This was a one time only mixture of Dylan/Band/Young.  The appearance of Neil Young and company was merely rumored and Dylan's performance was a complete surprise. Completely unrehearsed, some of this music is great.  Dylan debuts I Want You live, but unfortunately he can't be heard for most of the song. Mostly what we hear is Rick Danko shouting the chorus. Hearing the Band without Robbie Robertson is weird at first, but Ben Keith makes up for it very nicely. The oddest thing on this tape is the Helpless/Knockin' medley where Dylan substitutes "knockin' on the dragon's door" for "knockin' on heaven's door". I have no idea what he meant by it! The entire set is approximately 45 minutes"

So, enjoy this rare grouping of musicians on this nice soundboard. Let me know if anybody would like the rest of bands that played at this benefit. I have the complete soundboard recording.

***Neil Young, Bod Dylan, and The Band*** 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very energetic article, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?
My site: Hamster Cages